Saturday 1 January 2011

This is Planet Earth, The Year is 2011...

Just home from celebrating the cross-over from 2010 into 2011 at church, same way I did last year, and the year before and every year back to 1992 meets 1993. It's such a beautiful way to enter a new phase in life.

And though it's but a change in date, merely a recommencing of the glorious Gregorian calendar, psychologically, and I think spiritually, it's so much more.

A new year brings new opportunities, a new wave of hardships and a new age at some point in the year, and so new year's eve is a good chance to come together with God on things that will happen in the year. New year is the perfect moment to embrace a new outlook and a new attitude, ready to be nurtured over the course of the year.

Celebrating at church is actually the motive. Starting the year with God, dedicating it to Him from the very second it begins is something special. I guess it's one's way of saying, 'here God, take control.' And that's really the only way that, as Christians, we should be living, letting God's will be done in our lives on a daily basis and giving everything to Him.

Two hours into twenty-eleven and I'm pumped! No idea what this next 365 days is gonna bring but I fully cannot wait. I'll be 19 in four months :O I'm hoping to do some big things pertaining to music and writing. I'm gonna study super hard - well I say this but it's never been in my nature to do so, so I'll have to try really hard on that -. Most importantly, I intend to put God first in everything. And also just enjoy Him! Bout to get to know Jesus like a lover this year, it's gonna be wild. So excited. Psalm 34:8. I sincerely pray that these things come to pass, it's not about saying bare stuff and then doing nothing. Faith without works is dead, but it's only by the grace of God init. Just pray above all that His will be done and it's all goooood.

Looking forward to documenting the goings on of 2011 on this here blog too.

But for now sleep calls.

Peace&Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment