Saturday 15 October 2011

Four Months Later

It seems tumblr has lured me in with its less pressuring blogging atmosphere, and all the relatable quotes and pictures LOL.

But I feel bad for neglecting the old blogspot.
So here I am...
"So let us go out to him, outside the camp, and bear the disgrace he bore. For this world is not our permanent home, we are a looking forward to a home yet to come."

Hebrews 13:13-14

Read these verses this morning during my devotion, and they hit me so hard. Earth is not my home - I’m not supposed to fit in, there will undoubtedly be moments when I feel like I don’t want to be here anymore, like I don’t belong, like I shouldn’t be here.

Last night, it was my good friend’s birthday, and she was going to a club to celebrate. I told her (last minute) that I couldn’t come because I felt convicted. I didn’t want to be in that sort of atmosphere. I wasn’t planning on drinking or dancing, but I knew by just being there, I’d feel uncomfortable. Not that it was somewhere too dark for my light to shine, but that I honestly don’t believe it would have been fruitful. I knew that I had to stick to my conviction.

I was almost swayed when she replied to my text and told me that she’d been let down by a lot of her good friends. One of the worst feelings in the world, for me, is to let a friend down. I had a minute where I was almost swayed, my desire to please man reared its head and I tried to persuade myself that if I went, I could be a witness, and it would be the loving thing to do for my friend. But I was not convinced. And surely, to let God down, should be the worst feeling. I was a little down, but comforted by my mister and my homegirl. And then, to God be the glory, I woke up this morning and was greatly encouraged by these scriptures.

We are called to go outside the camp. Out to Jesus. For the camp is not our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment