Wednesday 8 June 2011

Hush, child


It's been an unacceptable length of time since I last posted.
Over a month in fact. Sincerest apologies. I've been busy living life.
Well, that's no excuse, I'm always living life.
This past (just over a) month has been wonderful. There have actually been three blogs that I meant to post, but I never got round to. And I think I'll wait a little while longer to post them, if I ever do.

For now, here's what you might label a pick-me-up...

One of my favourite scriptures Zephaniah 3:17 hit me with a visual today.

The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.

I love this scripture, and I generally focus on the last line.
The idea of God, the Almighty, Creator of the whole, entire universe rejoicing over little old me in singing is one of the most beautiful, comforting and humbling images.

But today, the penultimate line came alive for me.
'He will quiet you with His love'
I said it to myself a couple of times...He will quiet me with His love, He will quiet me with His love.
I wasn't sure for a second how to make sense of it, and then the visual.
I saw myself running around frantically, trying to make decisions, going from this career to that career, one thing to another thing, tiring myself out, rushing around, worrying, asking God to give me answers and then He just scooped me up in His arms and held me close, and literally quietened me, shut me up with His loving embrace. All the fears and worries I had were quakingly rendered null and void in the face of His unconditional, unfailing, neverending, amazing love.

In an earthly scenario, I imagined it like your closest friend not saying a word while you're ranting and raving about a situation, getting yourself worked up and angry, instead they just give you a hug so warm and loving, the hug of someone who truly knows you, a hug that calms you right down. Or a mother who gives her child a final, calming squeeze of reassurance, comfort and love, before saying goodbye as he enters a classroom doorway for the first time.

The Lord, who knows all, and has only plans of good for His children says 'Hush, child, I love you and I've got this, I know exactly what I'm doing.'

So yeah, I hope this is as much a comfort for you, as it was for me :)

Peace&Love

1 comment: